Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My Julie Mango

Woopie!
Drip irrigation.
In my bedroom to slowly adjust to light, before I move it out to my backyard.
I love it.
I can't believe that I am the owner of a Julie Mango grafted tree. Its small but I hope it grows. I purchased it from Nipahut.com a Florida Nursery.
I paid about $48 for the plant (which includes shipping). It spent almost 7 days in a box traveling to me from Florida. Wow. Then I decided to plant the little mango plant into LECA which I bought at Home Depot for about $33 then the pot was from Lowes for $13. I put in a drip irrigation part for $5 more. This is gonna be expensive especially if the little guy dies.
I think the top part is the remains of a bloom? Maybe?
I feel so nostalgic about this plant. Makes me think about my youth in Trinidad.