Thursday, January 31, 2013

New kids on the block. Harvest Moon, Juliette, Julie #5 & Spirit of '76 #2.

Today my new mango trees arrived; thanks to Boo Production!
From left to right; Spirit of '76 #2, Harvest Moon, Juliette and Julie #5.
Unfurled. Harvest Moon, Julie #5 & Juliette.
Spirit of '76 #2

So, I decided that Spirit of '76 #2 (S76#2) will be the first one to be repotted. The whole ordeal took over 2.5 hours.
Using a sharpened chopstick, I poked away at the dense soil.
I soaked roots in water and it was still tough to get all the dirt out from the center of the mass of roots. I worried I might have been too rough with the roots.
Eventually I got almost all the dirt off and now placed it into the 5 gallon GroPot. Fits.
Add my soilless medium.
As I fill the pot, I shake it to try to fill all the gaps, while trying to keep the tree straight.
And voilá! All potted up. I bagged it and placed it next to my Coconut Cream. Although, I'll have to move it to a shadier spot when I get back to work tomorrow.