Sunday, September 26, 2010

Repotting my Mangoes into 3 gallon containers

I decided to repot Julie into a 3 gallon container so I could move it easily when I eventually do move out of my house. I was surprised to see that the root mass was small but I did see new root growth but not much.
I decided to also repot the Tebows. I planted them into "Roots Organics" medium mixed with Aussie Gold, Diatomaceous Rock with a hydroton base fill. The roots look small for both straight and bent Tebow. But I did see some hints of new root development. Hopefully I didn't damage the roots.
Ingredients: Coco fiber, perlite, pumice, worm castings, bat guano, kelp meal, oyster shell flower, greensand, soluble kelp, glacial rock dust, and leonardite.
Another view of Tebow's roots.
Here both have been planted into soilless medium with a topping of diatomaceous rock.
All three
I put a drip irrigation tubing to water them. The "Roots Organics" medium has a lot of organic fertilizer, so I have to watch out for burning.
Both Tebows are showing what I am guessing is sunburn. I hope it is; as a fungus attack would make me depressed.
Once Julie #2 leaves have hardened, I'm gonna transplant her into the same type of pot and soilless medium.
More to come...