Saturday, September 18, 2010

Tebow brothers arrived today. Hurray!

Here are the two replacement Tebows I ordered from Plantogram (183). They look good.
I decided to repot them into soil rather than into Hydroton for two reasons. First, I'm gonna be moving once my home undergoes construction and a small pot will make it easier to transport. Second, I want to avoid transplant shock as that was the cause for the first Tebow's death.
I repotted the Tebows into slightly taller 3 gallon containers and I converted the original pot into a sleeve to help extract the trees when it does become time for me to plant into hydroton. I tried to protect the root ball but it was tricky taking them out of their original pots as the soil was very loose and fell apart. I gave them a dose of seaweed and B1 with a dash of SM-90. Pondering if I need to give it some sugar water?
I call the one on the right "Straight Tebow" and the one on the left "Bent Tebow" because of their growth shape.

Both are wedge grafted.
This is Straight Tebow's graft line.
This is Bent Tebow's graft line.
I sprayed them down with Exel LG just to be safe. Rather than putting them into a shaded area, I am gonna just place them in direct sunlight.