Tuesday, November 30, 2010

New Alphonso & Julie Today

Well with the FedEx delay, it took about 8 days for the two mangoes from Plantogram to get here in California. I love Plantogram but I don't really like FedEx. I think they're slow.
Here are the photos. I replanted the two mangoes right away.
Julie #3's root system. Circling roots.
Alphonso out of his pot.
Alphonso's roots. Like Julie #3, his roots were tightly curled from circling its pot.
Here is Alphonso in his new Gro Pot. A lot of his leaves are damaged or wilted badly.
 
Although Julie looked better than Alphonso, she also had damaged and wilted leaves.
I feel confident they'll recover.
  
Broken leaves cut off.
 
Might cut off Alphonso's top twig to shorten it.
 
Hmmm, Time for tipping.
I actually spent nearly an hour with a knife scraping off scale bugs off their leaves. Alphonso had more bugs than Julie.