Monday, July 9, 2012

Maha Chanok is in the house!

I can't believe it! I got a letter that my mango got rejected by the USDA; I was so bummed. Then a package arrived a few minutes later and voila! It was my Maha Chanok!! I was suddenly overjoyed. I'm totally guessing that they made a one time exception. Cool!
Here it is in my new office. Wrapped in newspaper and plastic.
Here it is before I removed the wet towel around the roots.
I was surprised to discover that it is an approach graft.
View without the grafting tape. It doest look strong but I guess it works.
Because the root ball was so small I potted it up in a 2 gallon smart pot. Gave it some seaweed, myco and azo.
I bagged it up to keep the humidity and moisture level high around the plant. I'll try to spray it later with  some KLN rooting hormone.

Day 1