Friday, July 27, 2012

Office mangoes.

Lemon Zest & Maha Chanok.
Its hard to see, LZ's little shoots are growing. MC's new growth is shriveling up. I had suspected that the new growth were premature. At least the stem is still green, plus I've been spraying KLN rooting hormone everyday on MC's leaves. Once I feel the roots are established, I'll have to prune MC down by half.
I didn't take photos of my other mangoes but Edward, Carrie, Glenn are pushing out new buds. Pickering seems ready to flush but not quite sure yet if it is or not.
Julie #1 is still flowering and its driving me crazy. I cut off all the flowers today in the hopes that it will stop it and put that energy into leaves.
I am thinking of one day grafting MC onto one of my Tebows.
I was surprised to discover that two of my LZ grafts onto young seedlings seem to have worked. The others grafts shriveled up and turned brown but two of my experiments. Will take pics soon.
My Sweetheart Lychee is producing new growth but its still kind of chlorotic.