Saturday, October 6, 2012

Gritty Mix and Heat.

Today, I mixed up a batch of "Gritty Mix" that I learned on Gardenweb forums.
I used 1 part Floor-Dry (from Napa Auto Parts), 1 part 1/8" crushed granite (from Lyngso; called Desert Gold) and 1 part Perlite (Foxfarms Big & Chunky). I also added CaMag and KLN hormone into  the mix and watered it through.
I decided not to use bark; which was called for in the original recipe because the only suitable bark I could find was Repti Bark; which was expensive. However, according to what I read in the forums, its okay to go the inorganic route. Eventually these Gro Pots will be for my Maha Chanoks.

I went to the office today to work and noticed that the extra heat in the corner where Julie #4 and my two Lemon Zests has caused it to go into another growth flush. I was really excited. I'm gonna have to make sure my greenhouse is going to be hot.
 Julie #4 is also flowering; happy but I rather it grow leaves.
 My Lemon Zest graft is pushing out two new shoots. The MC chip bud died and turned black. I'm thinking of perhaps attempting to graft Coconut Cream onto it, so I can try to make a cocktail tree.
Et voilá.

Oh, and Julie #1's little fruits are getting bigger.