Saturday, October 27, 2012

October 27th, 2012

Its always distressing to watch my trees go through transplant shock. However, I bet its not as shocking as it is to the trees themselves. Here are pics of my two Maha Chanoks.
MC "B" is holding onto more leaves than "A" which I am guessing is due to the sun expose in the greenhouse. Unfortunately, I can't locate a space that's shadier. Its just too crowded. The gritty mix was really dry.
MC "A" is down to three leaves. Oh boy, I really hope it pulls through. I noticed that there was some dead tissue just below the first node above the graft. I'm guessing its sun-scald or cold damage from when it was young. the gritty mix was surprisingly dry. I'm a little worried about the watering needs.

Spirit of '76 is pushing out a whole bunch of new leaves. I keep looking at it with the desire to chop to half its current height but I should really wait till the roots are established. Forgive the photo, the greenhouse was very humid; causing my lens to fog up.