Sunday, December 30, 2012

December 30th, mango update.

Today I went into the office and watered the trees with a very weak fertilizer solution. I also took pics.

Southern Blush, Maha Chanok & ST Maui
  
For both SB & MC; its been 22 days since repotting. So it bodes well that they'l survive! Both of them are still holding onto what's left of their leaves. Hinting that their roots may have regenerated.
I cut off all of ST Maui's old leaves. They had insect parasites and I didn't want to bother treating it, so off they came.

Coconut Cream, Irwin & Spirit of '76
  
I see Spirit pushing out a bud, which makes me happy. But I shouldn't count my chickens yet. The trunks are still green (except for some bit on the top) so there is hope. With Irwin, I see latex still being pumped out of the wound from the pruning. This makes me hopeful that it'll recover form the transplant shock and make new leaves.

Julie #4 & Lemon Zest
 
Julie is lopsided. Lemon is doing nicely.

Graham & Lancetilla
 
Both Graham and Lance shows signs of their buds swelling larger. So maybe new growth next year.

Edward & Carrie
 
Nothing happening with either these two.

Pickering & Julie #1
 
Pickering is hardening off its growth. Julie is driving me crazy because its still pushing out flowers. I keep pinching them off but it keeps growing.

Glenn
Glen is also showing signs of swelling buds but maybe its too soon?

Dead "Maha Chanok A" graft.
Amazingly, the rootstock isn't dead. Maybe I can re-graft onto it?
"Maha Chanok B" is totally dead.
Et voilá.