Thursday, October 13, 2011

today I ordered...

Today I ordered from Top Tropicals; one 7 gal. 'Orange Sherbet' mango tree and one 3 gal. 'Sweetheart' Lychee tree. It should arrive Thursday (Lychee tree) and Saturday (Mango tree) of next week.

Update: Well, after discussing my purchase with some online gardenweb folks, I do believe that I, may have, purchased not an 'Orange Sherbet' but rather a 'Lemon Zest' variety mango. Apparently Gary, of Zill nurseries, is trying to patent the Orange Sherbet and won't be releasing it for sale till late 2012. So, the tree I am getting is likely a mislabeled tree; which was caused by the fact that 'Lemon Zest' was once called '27-1' then for a short time called an 'Orange Sherbet', then to 'Lemon Zest'.
I don't mind the Lemon Zest but I would have rather bought a 3 gallon tree and have enough money left over to get an additional 'Dot' or a 'Spirit of 76' variety.
However, according to Mike at TopTropicals.com, he didn't not get his 7 gal. 'Orange Sherbet' from Zills but rather a different source. So there is a remote chance that it may be what it is.