Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's day, 2011

I went to New Year's Gongyo at the community center today for the 11am Buddhist ceremony. It was lovely.
Afterwards, I thought I better visit my mango trees at work and see how they're doing. My work place is super dry, so when I got to my cubicle, my mangoes really needed a big drink of water.
Glenn #2, Julie #4, Lancetilla and Valencia Pride lost a few leaves, with VP loosing the most of the bunch. Fortunately VP is still holding onto some leaves. So, will keep an eye on her. Manila has a whole bunch of new leaves from her two flushes and looking strong. The 'Young' (aka Tebow) trees look the same; not much change. Julie #1 looks a little sad but still green. I wonder if she'll have the resources to try for another flush of leaves?
I forgot to take my camera, so no pics for now.