Friday, May 13, 2011

Allow me to introduce to you, Edward II (reposting)

Mysteriously, my previous posting on Edward was deleted? Whats going with Blogger?
 Well, I'm reposting...

Well, Edward arrived May 11th, 2011. Mike from TopTropicals.com, told me via email, that Edward may be 2 years old (starting from the day it was grafting onto its root-stock).
The box Edward arrived in and the way he was wrapped up.
Edward unfurled like an umbrella.
Edward's root-mass.
Edward potted up in a Gro Pot formerly used for Southern Blush. I flushed the soil with water to make sure excess nutrients are leeched out and have a starting Ph I can work with.
Here is Edward in my Kitchen chill-axing. I placed a plastic bag over it as well as pruning off the tip (where branches had been previously pruned off; possibly for shipping). I also washed each leaf with a solution of citric acid to get the mineral deposits off. Took photos with my iPad2 but couldn't post them yesterday night.
 Bagged. Pic taken with iPad2.
Tip that I pruned off. See how it had four branches; possibly pruned off at the nursery.