Friday, May 20, 2011

Mango Update with Xtreme Gardening products.

Pickering
Glenn
Julie #4
Edward lost one leaf so far from transplant shock but the other leaves are so far okay; a couple are a little crispy.
Valencia Pride is now pushing growth. I spotted two buds on top and the buds on the trunk below are getting bigger. I'm worried the new growth will make for an odd shaped tree.
I'm not sure but I think Lancetilla is gonna try for more branches?
I bought some hydroponic products from ehydroponics.com.
I ordered Xtreme-Gardening's Mykos and got CalCarb free with my order (received it all Wednesday). Today I went to Southbay Hydroponics and picked up Azos. Mykos is suppose to be an amazing mycorrhizae additive. Azos is a powerful nitrogen-fixing bacteria and CalCarb is a foliar spray for providing CO2. Tonight, I poked holes into the potting medium and put Mykos down them. Soaked each pot with Azos and finished up with spraying the under side of the leaves with CalCarb.
I hope my mangoes realize the love I give them.


Quote from XtremeGardening.com:
"Azos' many positive effects can be seen in only four days, while Mykos can take up to two weeks before it forms an association with plant roots."