Saturday, May 28, 2011

Update May 28th, 2011

So I went into work today at around 5pm. I decided to water my plants but ended up flushing my mangoes' pots to reduce the fertilizer salts even further. Took me about 2 hours. Phew.
Happy to see new growth on my little trees. A little worried that Edward dropped so many leaves but I am confident after the pruning that it might survive but only time will tell. I am hoping Edward is making efforts to produce new roots.
Graham looks like it will push new growth but did not include pics of it; at least not until its definitely showing.
Manila (also no pic) had tried to push growth but spider mites ruined it. I can't see them but I think I still have a mite problem.


Edward II
Before pruning. See some of Edward's leaves dropped.
And voilá Edward is now pugged. He's about 18 inches I think.
I couldn't throw away Edwards pruned off stem. So I put it in a shot of water. The stem did have necrosis so it helped me decide to prune Edward down.

Glenn
Glenn's growth is good.

Valencia Pride
Valencia Pride showing growth above and below.
This is fast growth.

Lancetilla
Lancetilla is indeed pushing new growth.
 
It will be interesting to see how the new twigs will develop.

Pickering
I'm glad its alive but sad that its so small.