Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Repotting in Hydroton and examining the roots.

Here we have both Julie #2 and Edward planted into my hydroponic pots. I made sure I washed the roots (as best as I could in the dark) and wiped down each leaf with a damp paper towel. I'm gonna mist it every day to make sure I don't make the same mistake I did with Glenn and Carrie (drying out).
Edward is a big tree! I am thinking of one day cutting him down shorter to encourage lower branching but he looks great as is.
These are his roots. Very healthy and definitely the tap-root had began circling the bottom of its past pot.
Another shot.
Here is Julie #2. So cute!
Here are her roots. it was interesting because it had three tap-roots. And like Edward it was circling the bottom of its previous pot.
The tap-roots did this cute twisty thing at its base. Nifty.
I really hope they love their new home!?!