Saturday, August 21, 2010

TEBOW is in the house!

FedEx quietly left the package from Plantogram on my doorstep. When I opened it I found Tebow (and a cherry tree) in good shape (for a plant that was in a box for 5 days). I got Carrie and Glenn in two days and they look bad compared to Tebow. Shipping in pot is definitely WAY better than bare-root.
A look at the graft...
... and we can see its a wedge graft. Cool. I think.
The roots look great. I accidentally tugged at Tebow when extracting him from the pot and I could hear some of the roots ripping! DOH! I hope Tebow doesn't hate me.

Here is Tebow in his own quiet hydroponic container. He was grown a bit crooked and I am trying to straighten Tebow out by tightly tying a stick (with green gardener's tape) to the stem. I'm not sure how long I leave it on before Tebow actually straightens out?