Monday, December 6, 2010

Hmmm...

I am worried that the angel of plant-death is hovering over my new mangoes. Their roots have totally shut down; my guess.
They don't look very happy. I really think those extra couple of days, probably in a FedEx storage in a cold warehouse, really rough these guys up.
I gave them sugar water and tomorrow I'll try to give them some KLN hormone. I had hoped the warmer room temperature would perk them up. I'm taking a pair of cutters to prune them again if they continue to turn black.
 Gad, Alphonso looks like crap. The sapling trunk looks almost black.
 Julie #3 is not looking good either but she is still a little bit green but her leaves are totally dry. If she dies, she'll be the third Julie I killed. Blah!
I hope against all odds they survive or at least their root-stock survives.