Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Koo-Koo for mango trees!

Well, I got an email catalog-mailer from Toptropicals.com that promoted a 15% discount on orders (on top of their 5% off for orders over $100; between Dec 22-25). So I felt this was an omen to buy more trees.
So to add to my collection will be Carrie (second attempt), Graham (a Julie seedling), Pickering (I was happy Toptropicals had it) and Southern Blush (a mango with little available info but its a pretty red fruit). The "savings" nearly amounted to a free tree. Cool. This will bring my total of current mango trees to twelve AND I promised myself to not buy anymore (unless one dies ;-) ).
Fortunately I went to my local Hydroponic store and ordered two more 5 gallon Gro Pots. I also brought home the 2 pots with my dead Alphonso and Julie and pulled them out. Amazingly, the root-stock for Alphonso was still alive and from what I can see about to sprout new roots. sigh.
If I time all this correctly, By the time the new mangoes arrive, the ones in the closet will be ready to be moved to work. Freeing up the closet for the incoming.

The mangoes I got are listed here:

I think in one of my past-lives, I was a wanna-be farmer.
Nam-Myho-Renge-Kyo, Nam-Myho-Renge-Kyo, Nam-Myho-Renge-Kyo, Nam-Myho-Renge-Kyo, Nam-Myho-Renge-Kyo, Nam-Myho-Renge-Kyo, Nam-Myho-Renge-Kyo!!!