Sunday, December 12, 2010

Mixed up a batch of soilless medium and more...

After work, I headed for my local hydroponics store and picked up another bag of Roots Organics and 4 more 12 inch green saucers. I also found out that they sell reflective sheets (10' wide) for $1.30 per foot. Got to go back for some.
 Here is some Roots Organics mixed with Dyna-Rok and Hydroton.
 Gro Pots partly filled with it.
 I rearranged the LED lights (the same ones I used for my orchid grow) so that they are all in a row and I moved the tube fluorescent bulbs so that it was in front and back of the LEDs. I went to Home Depot and picked up a 2700 K compact fluorescent bulb and two clamp-lights. I already had a 6500K bulb from Amazon.com. Both bulbs are 42 watt (about 150 watt equivalent).
Its bright. I'm gonna get a humidifier in the hopes that when I get my new mangoes, I can use it to help with them adapting from the transportation.