Friday, December 17, 2010

Julie, Glenn, Lancetilla and Valencia Pride

It took five days for my new trees to arrive. I guess the holiday season slowed delivery down?
I already potted my fourth Julie (in background) but this is a picture of how my new mangoes arrived. they looked very good. I decided to bare-root my plants before putting them into their new Gro Pots.
 
Julie and close-up of her roots.
 
Glenn and his roots.
 
Valencia Pride and her roots. Her leaves (and branches) were covered with some sort of rust like stuff? I had to use a kitchen sponge to get most of it off. Fortunately the weather (though wet) was warm enough for me to do all this outside in my backyard.
 
Lancetilla and his roots.
Group photo of the new gang. I gave them a heavy spray down of Exel Fungicide.
Here are my new mangoes in my grow closet. I got a cool mist humidifier (ultra-sonic) to help keep the leaves moist. Since the roots were bare-rooted I gave each of the mangoes a watering of KLN, Bioweed, sugar, CaMg+, Dyna-gro and vitamin B1. I also put in the humidifier KLN and SM-90 (anti-fungal). If things still get dry, I made a fresh batch of foliar spray using KLN, Bioweed, Protekt and dyna-gro.