Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Pickering, Carrie, Graham & Southern Blush are here.

I was impressed again at how fast USPS got these to me. 3 days.
This is how TopTropicals.com packages the mango trees.

Carrie looks good.
I was so surprised at how horrible Southern Blush looked. No wonder it was on sale. It looked diseased and it had so few leaves. I can't believe they would send anyone such a disappointing specimen!?
Pickering looked good. Here pictured already repotted.
Graham looked okay but there was some damage in its mid-section. Not a plant I would buy if I had a choice. I noticed lower branching that were cut off. Too bad.
I only had pots for Pickering and Graham. Carrie and Southern Blush will have to wait till my local hydroponic store gets the 5 gallon Gro Pots for me; which they say will probably be by Friday.
Man, I'm really bummed out by the crappy looking Southern Blush. Once Graham settles in, I'm gonna try pruning it down past the damaged part. If Southern Blush lives, its gonna get severely pruned in the hopes of reshaping it.